Liberty County is seeking a professional consultant as they apply to the construction engineering and inspection for the County Road 67 widening and Resurfacing project. The scope of this project will include widening and resurfacing County Road 67 for approximately 11.34 miles as identified in the County’s Local Agency Participation contract with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). Consideration will be given to only those firms that are qualified pursuant to law and that have been prequalified by FDOT to perform the indicated types of work.
Liberty County, Florida
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
FDOT FPID NO. 440625-1-54-01
Liberty County is seeking a professional consultant as they apply to the construction engineering and inspection for the County Road 12 (Rigid Pavement) SCOP project. The scope of this project will include resurfacing County Road 12 for approximately 0.4 miles with rigid pavement concrete as identified in the County’s Local Agency Participation contract with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). Consideration will be given to only those firms that are qualified pursuant to law and that have been prequalified by FDOT to perform the indicated types of work.
Work Types: 10.1 – Roadway CEI
Response Deadline: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 4:00 P.M. ET
Opening Date: Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 6:00 P.M. ET
This project is funded with assistance from the FDOT. By submitting a letter of response, the Consultant certifies that they are in compliance with FDOT Procedure No. 375-030-006 (Restriction on Consultants Eligibility to Compete for Department Contracts) and that no principle is presently suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation on this transaction by any Federal Department or Agency.
Information regarding the proposal can be obtained at the Liberty County Clerk’s Office, 10818 NW SR 20, Bristol, FL 32321, and on the County’s Web Site at www.libertybocc.com. In order to ensure a fair, competitive, and open process, once a project is advertised for Letters of Qualifications, all communications between interested firms and the County must be directed to Daniel Stanley, Liberty County Clerk of Court, at (850) 643-2215 or email@example.com.
If interested, qualified consultants are required to submit the original and three (3) copies of the letter of response to the Liberty County Clerk’s Office, P.O. Box 399, Bristol, FL 32321 by the response deadline.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
LIBERTY COUNTY, FLORIDA
DANIEL STANLEY, CLERK OF COURT
Draft Liberty County Long-Term Recovery Plan
In the wake of Hurricane Michael, the Liberty County Board of County Commissioners, in partnership with the Apalachee Regional Planning Council (ARPC) and OVID Solutions, presents the DRAFT Liberty County Long-Term Recovery Plan for public review and comment. This plan has been developed through a Community Planning Technical Assistance Grant awarded by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO). This proposed recovery plan has been carefully designed to include priority projects identified through county-wide input. Each listed project indicates potential funding strategies to achieve the desired outcomes. The establishment of this plan is an opportunity for Liberty County to re-imagine its long-term vision and to implement that vision on a much faster timeline (within 10-15 years instead of 25-50 years), which will pave the way to realize desired economic growth that is desperately needed following the devastation of Hurricane Michael.
This Long-Term Recovery Plan will be presented for a first public hearing before the Liberty County Board of County Commissioners on October 8 with a final adoption hearing anticipated on November 5. Any questions or comments can be sent directly to Ben Chandler at the Apalachee Regional Planning Council. The deadline for comments for the first hearing is Wednesday, September 30, 2020. The deadline for final comments ahead of the adoption hearing is Friday, October 30, 2020. Please submit all questions and comments by email to Ben Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once comments are received, they will be incorporated into the final proposed plan, as appropriate, and will be presented to the Liberty County Board of County Commissioners. Once adopted, the Liberty County Long-Term Recovery Plan will serve as the foundation of ongoing economic recovery and resilience.
Coronavirus Relief Funds from Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
Notice of Funding Availability
The LCBOCC has received a distribution of $175,000 in Coronavirus Relief Funds from Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
- Resident that have been impacted by Coronavirus and have experienced unemployment or under employment. Rent payments not to exceed 10 months, from March 1, 2020 to December 30, 2020. Assistance can include late payments, late fees and charges and future rent payments to prevent eviction.
- Housing re-entry assistance, such as security deposits, utility deposits, and temporary storage of household furnishings.
- Mortgage payments not to exceed 10 months, from March 1, 2020 to December 2020. Payment can include late payments, late fees, PITI, HOA, condo fees and other related fees to prevent foreclosure.
- Utility payments that include water, electricity, gas, internet, cable including late payments and late fees and charges to prevent a discontinuation of essential services.
Application will be accepted starting August 28, 2020 and the application period will end December 1, 2020 or when all funds are expended, whichever occurs first.
Application can be submitted by mail, dropped off or e-mailed electronically.
Submit application to:
Attention: Katie Matchkus, P.O. Box 399 Bristol, Fl 32321, email@example.com
For questions, additional information or reasonable accommodation request contact:
Katie Matchkus, SHIP Director
Liberty County SHIP Office
LIBERTY COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
Please be advised that the revised Preliminary copies of the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) and Flood Insurance Study (FIS) report for Liberty County, Florida and Incorporated Areas have been received for your public review and comment. The Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has posted digital copies of the revised FIRM and FIS report material and supporting database on the following page of the Map Service Center: https://www.fema.gov/preliminarryfloodhazarddata
If you have any questions regarding the Preliminary copies of the FIRM and FIS report, please contact the Mitigation Division of FEMA in Region IV at 770-220-3174 and ask for the Regional Project Officer assigned to Liberty County for assistance. If you have general questions about mapping issues, please call our FEMA Mapping and Insurance eXchange (FMIX), toll free, at (877) 336-2627 (877-FEMA MAP) or e-mail our FMIX staff at FEMAMapSpecialist@riskmapcds.com.
Draft Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application for FFY 2019
Florida Small Cities Program
Liberty Small Business Assistance Grant
**DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 25, 2020**
The Liberty County Board of Commissioners has allocated $325,000 to establish the Liberty Small Business Assistance Grant program. This grant program provides up to $7,500 in funding to Liberty County’s small businesses and sole proprietors that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. This overview will provide basic information on eligibility, use of funds, the application process, and expectations of the program.
- Businesses with 1-5 Full Time Employees – $5,000
- Businesses with 6-15 Full Time Employees – $7,500
Phase 2 (Includes Phase 1 Category)
- Businesses with 16-50 Full Time Employees – $15,000
* Eligible Expenses: Rent, Mortgage, Utilities, Payroll, other expenses related to COVID 19
- Applications will be accepted beginning Saturday, October 17, @ 9:00 a.m. for Phase 1 & Saturday, November 7, @ 9:00 AM for Phase 2.
- We recommend submitting applications digitally, but paper applications will also be available at the County Clerk’s Office, 10818 NW SR 20, Bristol, FL 32321, weekdays from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Applications will not be received via regular or express mail.
- The Online Application is available at libertycountycares.com and must be completed in its entirety to be considered for award.
- There is no application
- Applications and criteria will be reviewed objectively by a third party to recommend which grants are funded. The review process will take into consideration the following factors:
- Negative impacts from COVID-19, including declines in income and/or cash
- Total number of full-time and/or part-time employees that will be impacted by the grant
- The County anticipates processing applications and awarding grants within 30 business days of the application window closing. Applications and Awards are first come, first
- Due to anticipated demand, not all applications will be funded.
- Primary business address must be in Liberty County as of January 1, 2020,
- Business established prior to January 1, 2020,
- Must have been impacted by COVID-19,
- Full or partial closure or
- Reduction of hours, and
- Lost revenues due to social distancing or other COVID 19 controls, or
- Forced to furlough employees
How can the funds be used?
Funds can be used to cover working capital costs necessary to maintaining a business during the COVID-19 disruption. The County will require applicants to outline what the award will be used for. Examples of usage include:
- Other operating expenses
What documents should I start to gather?
To prepare for the application release, interested applicants should begin to gather the following documents:
- State of Florida active business registration from the Florida Division of Corporation showing the business is registered in Liberty County effective January 1, 2020, and still in business as of March 1, 2020.
- Copy of owner’s Driver’s License, state ID or passport
- A completed and signed IRS W?9 form. Applicants will be instructed that they can find this form at: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
Must also provide One of the following Options below:
- IRS FORM 941 (from 1Q20 or, if not completed, 4Q19)
- Florida Form RT?6 (from 1Q20)
- FORM 944 (from 2019)
- W2’s or 1099’s of Each Employee
- Sole Proprietor Employee Certification Statement
- Partnership Certification Statement
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact information in your question.
The Online Application is available at www.libertycountycares.com and must be completed in its entirety to be considered for award.
A paper application can be obtained by clicking on the link below:
Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR)
Hurricane Michael Funding Proposal
Draft Application Summaries