Thank you for your interest in employment with Liberty County Board of County Commissioners. We hope you find this information useful and informative. Please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department (850) 643-5404 if you have any questions regarding employment that have not been answered.
How to Apply
- Applications are to be submitted to Human Resources (HR) located in the Liberty County Clerk’s Office during normal business hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Resumes may be attached to the application.
- Applications are accepted for current posted vacancies only.
- All sections of this application for employment MUST be completed and filled out in ink. It MUST be legible…if you have problems please ask someone to assist you in this endeavor.
- It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
- Do not lose or destroy your cover sheet – You will be required to sign it and it will become a part of your record should you be hired.
Remember, all information you submit will be verified. False or misleading statements will lead to immediate disqualification or employment termination.
Your application will be valid for 90 days.
Pursuant to Florida Public Records Law- applications/resumes are subject to public inspection.
- All applications are screened for qualifications. Qualified applicants who meet the job requirements are forwarded to appropriate supervisor(s) for review.
- The county reserves the right to limit the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
- Any misrepresentation, false or incomplete information or omission of facts requested is cause for rejection of the application.
- Interviews for qualified applicants are scheduled by the supervisor.
- Applicants not chosen as a finalist will remain on file in accordance with Florida Records Retention requirements.
- Upon administrative approval, applicants chosen for employment will be given a Conditional Employment Offer subject to background, drug testing and pre-employment physical. This is a pass/fail situation. ZERO TOLERANCE!!! Depending on the position, completion of a Medical History Questionnaire or other testing may also be required. If you refuse or fail this step, any further favorable action on your application will stop immediately and be returned to the individual with an explanation.
- When all testing is cleared, the applicant is contacted with a firm job offer and an employment date is set.